Run Control Tools
RealView ICE - ARM
The ARM® RealView® ICE unit is the leading-edge hardware debug solution that supports all ARM processors in single-core, multi-core, homogeneous and heterogeneous architectures, offering unparalleled support for ARM processor-based devices.
Know more about RealView ICE »
RealView Trace - ARM
The RealView® Trace capture unit is an add-on expansion module to the RealView Ice run control unit. It provides off-chip trace data capture capability for the ARM Embedded Trace Macrocell TM and CoreSight TM advanced on-chip debug and trace technology.
RealView Trace capture module enables non-invasive, real-time tracing of instructions execution and data transactions for all available ARM processors, when used with the RealView Development Suite debug software.
Know more about RealView Trace »
ULINK2 USB-JTAG Adapter - Keil, An ARM Company
The Keil ULINK2 USB-JTAG Adapter connects your PC's USB port to your target system (via JTAG, SWD, or OCDS) and allows you to program and debug embedded programs on target hardware.
- Plug-and-Play installation using standard Windows USB drivers
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD) support for ARM Cortex-M3 based devices
- Real-Time Trace for Cortex-M3 using Serial Wire Viewer (SWV)
- Real-Time Agent with memory R/W during execution, terminal emulation, and serial debug output
- 10-pin and 20-pin connector support.
ULINK2 may be used for:
- On-chip Debugging (using on-chip JTAG, SWD, or SWV)
- Flash Memory Programming (using user-configurable Flash programming algorithms).
Know more about Keil ULINK 2 Adapter »
Ethernet Tap - Freescale
The CodeWarrior Ethernet TAP emulator uses advanced technology to provide control of and visibility into your target system. Combined with the CodeWarrior Development Studio debugger, the Ethernet TAP emulator speeds up the embedded debugging process by letting you interactively control and examine the state of your target system.
Product Highlights :
- Control and debug software running in-target, with minimal intrusion into target system operation
- Provides high performance split-second single-step executionDebug code in cache, ROM, RAM, and flash memory
- Capable of download speeds greater than 12 MB per minute from host to target system
- Supports 10/100BaseT Ethernet network connection
- Supports both big and little endian byte-order
- Automatically supports target system signal levels from 1.8V to 3.3V
Know more about Ethernet Tap »
USB Tap - Freescale
The CodeWarrior USB TAP® host target interface is a feature-packed, run control tool that allows developers to save precious development time during target bring-up and debugging. The USB TAP integrates seamlessly with the CodeWarrior integrated development environment, giving the developer a powerful tool for complex debug tasks and providing excellent visibility into, and control of, Freescale on-chip debug features. With the USB TAP, you will have complete run control functionality and easy flash programming for fast downloads and convenient production testing.
The CodeWarrior USB TAP® features support for these Freescale processors:
- Power Architecture™ Technology
- 56800/E Hybrid
- High-speed USB 2.0 connectivity
- Device is self-powered, requiring no external power supply
- Run-control visibility and control # Flash memory programming
- Low voltage target support
- Fully integrated with CodeWarrior tools and supports all CodeWarrior run-control debug features
Know more about USB Tap »
RealView® Hardware Platforms are ideal systems for prototyping ARM-based products. They are suitable for architecture and CPU evaluation, hardware and software design, and ASIC emulation. RealView Hardware Platforms are designed to provide value to customers in a number of ways:
- Early access to the latest ARM IP, including processors, AMBA interfaces and PrimeCell blocks
- Faster time to market achieved by high-speed software debug early in the development cycle
- Risk reduction in ASIC designs by prototyping custom hardware in FPGAs and connecting it to real processors and peripherals
- Fast environment for application development for a number of operating systems
There are two key families of boards within the RealView Hardware Platforms: IntegratorTM and Versatile families. The RealView Hardware Platforms Selector (1.3MB pdf) white paper provides general guidance about the advantages and disadvantages of different boards, and shows the typical combinations of boards and the basic compatibility rules between different types of boards.
Reference Design / Evaluation Modules
Freescale Semiconductor gladly provides reference designs to help engineers implement solutions quickly, confidently and with low risk. Our reference designs include the hardware, software and documentation engineers need to reproduce designs in their own facilities. These reference designs have been built and tested as documented. Download schematics, layout, documentation and all the software you'll need to reproduce applications.
Click here for detailed list of Freescale Microcontroller Evaluation Boards »
Keil design and manufacture evaluation boards (single-board computers) to help you get started with the Keil development tools. All of the Keil evaluation boards include evaluation software and all the necessary cables and documentation to get up and running quickly.
The evaluation boards we provide are ready-to-run, straight out of the box.
Click here for detailed list of ARM Microcontroller Evaluation Boards »